- This website can be accessed at www.DigitalMall.com, related mobi-sites, and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by DigitalMall.com Limited (“DigitalMall”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
- These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale, and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of goods including sport, home and kitchenware, baby and toddler products, electronics, health and beauty products, movies and TV, gaming, books, eBooks, music, toys, pet supplies, and more (“Goods”).
- DigitalMall allows third-party sellers to list and sell their Goods on the Website (each a “Third Party Seller”). DigitalMall will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Goods are for sale by a Third-Party Seller. Certain terms in these Terms and Conditions only apply to purchases from Third Party Sellers, and others only apply to purchases from DigitalMall. This will be made clear in the relevant clause.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
- These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which
Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask DigitalMall to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website. If you are unfamiliar with eBooks, please pay particular attention to enclosed clauses which describes the nature, functionality, usage rights, and delivery of eBooks.Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit, or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or Digitalmall in terms of the CPA.DigitalMall permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- may limit the risk or liability of DigitalMall or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- may compel the user to indemnify DigitalMall or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgment, by the user, of a fact.
Please refer to our Returns Policy for more information about returning products (and related refunds, replacements, or repairs). The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions).
Registration and use of the website
- Only registered users may order Goods on the website.
- To register as a user, you must provide an email and password and provide certain information and personal details to DigitalMall. You will need to use your email and password to access the website to purchase Goods.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.You agree to notify DigitalMall immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.By using the website, you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software, or other instruments to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic devices, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised DigitalMall representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).You may not use the Website to distribute material that is defamatory, offensive, contains, or amounts to hate speech, or is otherwise unlawful.You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post, or otherwise use the website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Digitalmall representative.
- Be used for personal use only; and
- Not be disclosed by you to any third party
Conclusion of sales and availability stock
- Registered users may place orders for Goods, which DigitalMall or the Third-Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not DigitalMall or the Third Party Seller accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price), and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by DigitalMall for the Goods.
- NOTE: DigitalMall or the Third Party Seller will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and DigitalMall or the Third Party Seller come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from DigitalMall stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. DigitalMall will indicate the rejection of your order (by DigitalMall itself or the Third-Party Seller) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
- Any order of a television will be subject to the condition that we obtain from you your valid TV license number and your account holder ID. If we do not receive your TV license number and your account holder ID, or your TV license number cannot be validated, you will not be able to check out with the television in your shopping basket.
- Placing Goods in a wish-list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold DigitalMall or the Third-Party Seller liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that the stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by DigitalMall, DigitalMall will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, DigitalMall will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
- In the case of Goods for sale by a Third-Party Seller, DigitalMall relies on inventory information supplied by the relevant Third-Party Seller and DigitalMall accordingly bears no liability for any inaccuracies in the information supplied to it. Consequently, should you order any Goods from a Third Party Seller which are in fact sold-out, any resulting dispute should be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller, your respective rights and obligations being as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Certain Goods may not be purchased for resale. Should we suspect that any such Goods are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
- Please see details relating to Pre-orders in our FAQ’s: Pre-Order, which are incorporated by reference.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Whether the Goods are for sale by DigitalMall or a Third-Party Seller, payment can be made for Goods via:
The above payment options are explained in more detail in our Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”): Payment, which is incorporated by reference.You may contact us via our Contact Us page to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email communications about your order and payment.Once you have selected your payment method (save for cash on delivery or direct bank deposit), you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying for the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred because of the services used on the website.
Delivery of goods
- DigitalMall offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of Goods to you. You may elect delivery via:
For more information about our delivery service, please speak to Hannah our digital sales assists who will explain, and which are incorporated into these Terms by reference.Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you, so please check the FAQs for the most up-to-date information. You will see the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.Where it accepts your order, DigitalMall or the Third Party Seller will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.DigitalMall’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. DigitalMall is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
- Courier; or
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price, and delivery charges of Goods on the website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
- DigitalMall shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our Goods displayed on any Third-party websites.
Gift Vouchers & Coupons
DigitalMall may from time to time make physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Gift Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of DigitalMall Goods. Gift Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid, and their expiry dates cannot be extended.
- Gift Vouchers that are purchased by registered users are valid for 3 years after Sale. Gift Vouchers that DigitalMall gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Gift Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased or otherwise obtained. If your Gift Voucher value is less than the amount required to cover the full order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
- Digitalmall is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use, or unauthorised distribution of a Gift Voucher after it has delivered the Gift Voucher to you or the email address nominated by you.
- There are two types of Coupons.
- a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon “)
- a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon “).
- Coupons are issued in DigitalMall’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel, or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorised manner). Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- As a rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
- each Coupon can only be used once.
- only one Coupon can be used per order;
- only one Coupon can be used on the website per person per promotion/campaign.
- Percentage Coupons may only be redeemed on purchases with a total cart value of less than R5,000.
- where a Percentage Coupon has been used and you wish to cancel any items in the order prior to making payment, the entire order must be cancelled. You will be issued with a new Percentage Coupon and will need to place the order again, without the item that you wished to cancel.
- a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later existing orders; and
- the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- From time to time, we may offer certain Goods at discounted prices as part of a or any other temporary deal which is explained below (each a “promotion”). These will be subject to certain conditions (as set out in these Terms and/or the Website), which define the scope of the promotion. If you buy a product within the scope of a promotion, you will pay the discounted price for that product (the “promotion Price”).
- However, if you buy a product in a manner that falls outside of the scope of a promotion, you will pay the then-current (non-promotion) selling price on the Website (the “Normal Price”), for each product that falls outside the scope of the promotion.
- For example: if you buy more than one product in a promotion, you will pay the promotion price for the first product, but the Normal Price for all products thereafter. Alternatively, if you buy a product in combination with any other products that together do not constitute a Bundle Deal, you will pay the Normal Price for all such products falling outside the scope of the relevant promotion.
- Promotions have a stock limit and may expire earlier if stock runs out.
- Promotion quantities are limited and as such, after a promotion is sold out, those Goods may be available on the website at their normal selling prices (but no longer as a promotion).
- We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the promotion or discount is at the sole discretion of DigitalMall.
- Only one of each promotion may be purchased per customer.
- Adding a promotion to your cart or completing your order for the promotion without paying for it, does not reserve the item for you. DigitalMall must receive payment from you within 24 hours of you placing your order for a promotion, otherwise, we will cancel your order.
- DigitalMall will reserve stock for customers in the order in which it receives payment. Therefore if you pay via EFT, you might not get your item because DigitalMall may only receive payment from you a few days later, and in the meantime, the promotion might sell out to customers paying immediately.
- The list price shown in respect of promotions and other discounted Goods is the recommended retail price suggested to us by the supplier of the relevant product. Where the supplier has not provided a recommended retail price, an estimate may be provided. Where a product is offered for sale by a Third-Party Seller, the List Price may be provided by the Third-Party Seller.
- By purchasing any promotion, you are also automatically opting in to receive a promotional newsletter and marketing material which you may opt-out of these newsletters at any time. Opting out of these newsletters after purchase will not affect the value of the Goods purchased.
- DigitalMall will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Goods are for sale by a Third-Party Seller. In such cases, DigitalMall only provides the platform to facilitate transactions between Third Party Sellers and DigitalMall customers. DigitalMall is neither the buyer nor the seller of these Goods unless otherwise specified.
- The sale formed on acceptance of your order for goods that are for sale by a Third-Party Seller is therefore solely between the registered user and such Third-Party Seller. DigitalMall is not a party to that sale.
- The Third-Party Seller is solely responsible for the fulfilment of the delivery of the goods. The Third-Party Seller is also responsible to provide an invoice to the registered user if required.
- Not all Third-Party Sellers are registered VAT (Value-Added Tax) vendors. Only Third-Party Sellers who are registered VAT vendors may charge VAT on Goods sold and issue a tax invoice in respect thereof. If a Third-Party Seller is not a registered VAT Vendor, it may not charge VAT on Goods sold and will not be able to issue a tax invoice in respect thereof.
- Because DigitalMall wants the registered user to have a safe and consistent experience, DigitalMall will handle any returns under the CPA or the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (“ECT Act”), by the registered user arising out of or in connection with the sale between a registered user and a Third Party Seller on behalf of the Third Party Seller according to DigitalMall’s own Returns Policy. Should such claim escalate into being a dispute, although DigitalMall is entitled to become involved in an attempt to resolve it, DigitalMall is not obliged to do so and any disputes must be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller alone.